Volunteering tasks may include:
- General library volunteering: Book repairs, shelving, shifting books, shelf reading, program cleanup
- Programming aide: Helping prepare craft kits, assisting at teen & youth programs
- Content creating: Creating promotional materials, Instagram posts, BookTok reviews, or other social media content for the library
- Library reviewer: Creating book reviews for our Teen Space, composing book lists based off of predetermined themes, recommending new books to purchase
- Tech tutor: Helping others with technology questions. One-on-one advice, training, and support.
- Volunteers will receive training for their assignments by a member of staff.
- Volunteers perform tasks for the South Milwaukee Public Library without wages, benefits, or compensation of any kind.
- Volunteers are expected to perform alongside library staff and comply with the same work rules, policies, and procedures applicable to library employees.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering at the library or our application process, feel free to reach out to Tristan.Marshall@mcfls.org