COMMUNITY & CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCES
Please see below for resources related to driving, employment and career, finances, health and wellness, South Milwaukee, technology, and voting.
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: Information on driver and commercial driving licensing, including how to apply and the Motorists’ Handbook, which can also be found in the library.
EMPLOYMENT & CAREER
- Gale Courses: A database that provides instructor-led courses for professional development and more.
- LearningExpress: A database that includes tutorials for adult core skills and career preparation and is available with a library card.
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development: General information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), with links to information on unemployment as well as employment and training. To apply for unemployment benefits, click here. Also, view their Job Seeker Collection and other important links.
- Glassdoor: List of available jobs in the U.S.
- Goodwill Workforce Connection Centers: In-person assistance for job seekers.
- Job Center of Wisconsin: List of available jobs through the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
- Indeed: List of available jobs in the U.S.
- LinkedIn Job Search: List of available jobs through the professional network LinkedIn.
- Monster: List of available jobs in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Wisconsin Job Network: List of available jobs in Wisconsin.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: A financial guide for individuals.
- Internal Revenue Service: Information on federal tax return and payment filing dates, as well as Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension: A list of financial resources for individuals and businesses.
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue: Includes tax forms and instructions, as well as COVID-19 information and announcements.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: A guide for businesses and employers on planning and responding to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Milwaukee County Administrative Services: A list of resources and helpful organizations for affected businesses in Milwaukee County.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Information for workers and employers on planning and responding to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Includes information on small business guidance and loan resources.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation: Guidelines for reopening, as well as resources on relief and recovery.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the number of cases in the United States, symptoms of the illness, and more.
- Milwaukee County: Information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the number of cases in Milwaukee County, and a community resources guide on available services and resources.
- Test Up MKE: Information, updates, and support on coronavirus (COVID-19) testing in the Milwaukee area.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the number of cases in Wisconsin, symptoms of the illness, ways to deal with stress, and more.
- 211 Wisconsin: A list of resources on medical concerns, financial assistance, and more.
- City of South Milwaukee: Includes recent updates from the Health Department and other community resources.
- School District of South Milwaukee: Information on the district’s reopening plans and resources for students and families.
- College and Career: Check out this section in the library for materials related to college and career preparation.
- E-Resources: A list of e-resources available with a library card. Sign up for an e-card to access digital resources for learning and entertainment. Borrow e-books, e-audiobooks, movies, and more!
- Kid-Friendly Databases: A list of databases to supplement learning and provide entertainment for children.
- Virtual Programming: Check out our Adult Events, Teen Events, and Youth Events pages for upcoming events and more.
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide: Includes information on tax preparation services in the greater Milwaukee area.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS): Includes forms, instructions, and publications from the IRS.
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue: Includes forms and instructions from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
- Internet: Includes a map of free, public WiFi locations across the State of Wisconsin and a list of offers from internet service providers.
- Mobile Wireless Access (Hotspots): Includes information on getting portable hotspots for students.
- City of South Milwaukee: Includes election information on absentee voting, becoming a poll worker, election results, and voter registration.
- MyVote Wisconsin: Includes information on absentee voting, polling places, registering to vote, and tracking your ballot.
- Wisconsin Election Commissions: Includes information on voting, elections, candidates, and clerks regarding Wisconsin elections.