If you are a teen and would like to volunteer, review the volunteer guidelines and fill out an application. Send any questions and your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out an application at the library.
Volunteer service is unavailable at this time.
Teen Volunteer Guidelines
The library has the following expectations of our Teen Volunteers:
- Volunteer must be enrolled in grade 6 through 12.
- Volunteer must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and work independently.
- Volunteer should dress neatly and conservatively.
- Volunteer must be courteous, responsible, and follow the library policies.
- Please be mindful of your conversations while you are volunteering, as children may be present.
- Inappropriate language and subject matter will result in immediate dismissal.
- Please refrain from socializing with friends during your volunteer time. We expect your full attention to be on your assigned tasks.
- Covered water containers are permitted. Beverages, other than water, and food are not permitted while volunteering.
- Only emergency cell phone use is permitted while volunteering (this includes texting).
- Electronic devices are not permitted during volunteer time. This includes, but is not limited to, MP3 players, DVD players, netbooks, and iPods.
- Volunteer will be permitted to work a maximum of 6 hours a week.
- Time slots are set in 1/2 to 3 hour increments.
- If you are unable to report for volunteer service during during your scheduled time you MUST call the library at: 414-768-8195.