Help us keep the library safe for everyone.
- The library is following CDC guidelines on masking: If fully vaccinated – masks are optional. If unvaccinated please wear a mask at all times while in the building.
- Masks are available upon request at the Service Desks.
- Please maintain a physical distance of six feet with everyone.
- Please do not come to the library if you are feeling sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Children must stay next to a parent or guardian at all times.
While the South Milwaukee Library is doing everything possible to keep the library building clean and sanitary, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment and is therefore not liable for any illnesses that may be contracted from the Library environment.
What we currently offer:
- Curbside Pickup
- No appointments required! Please call (414) 768-8195 when you arrive. A staff member will check your hold items out for you and bring them out to your vehicle.
- Browsing & in-house checkouts
- Reference assistance
- Computer access
- Free WiFi (we extended our WiFi & now reaches our parking lot!)
- Seating/table availability
- Meeting rooms
- 24/7 book drop access
- Book Nook sale (we are also accepting donations for the sale)
- Take & Make programming
- Children’s programming (see our Children’s Facebook account or our Library Calendar for more info)
- Our new board game collection!
- Notary services (please call ahead to ensure we have a notary on staff the day you want to come in)
What we cannot offer at this time:
- Study room access
- Play areas & toys for children
Due Dates & Library Card Information
When are my materials due?
Check your CountyCat account for due dates. Please note that returned materials are no longer being quarantined before they are checked in.
Your library materials may be able to be renewed if not on hold with another patron. Materials can be renewed through your CountyCat account, and by phone at (414) 277-0183 (automated 24/7 renewal) or (414) 768-8195 (South Milwaukee Public Library).
How do I sign up for a library card or convert and e-card to a physical card?
If you signed up online for an e-card or started the library card registration process online at CountyCat, stop by the library to convert your e-card into a physical card. For more information on signing up for a library card, please visit our Policies page.
How do I renew my library card?
Stop by the library to renew your library card. For more information on renewing your library card, please visit our Policies page.
What e-resources are available to me with my library card?
Take advantage of the electronic resources found on our E-Resources page, including OverDrive/Libby, hoopla, Gale Courses, Transparent Languages, and more.
For more information and additional updates, please visit:
- South Milwaukee Public Library Website: https://smlibrary.org/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources Page: https://smlibrary.org/resources/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SouthMilwaukeePublicLibrary
- City of South Milwaukee Website: https://smwi.org/
- City of South Milwaukee Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/southmilwaukeewi/
- Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS) Website: https://www.mcfls.org/covid19/
LAST UPDATED: 7/9/2021