All collections are open for browsing!
The play area, meeting rooms, and study rooms are unavailable at this time.
The Book Nook is open!
9 A.M. to 5 P.M. – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
9 A.M. to 6 P.M. – Wednesday
10 A.M. to 4 P.M. – Saturday
If you prefer curbside pickup, after notification that your items are available, please call for an appointment at (414) 768-8195.
KEEP THE LIBRARY SAFE FOR EVERYONE!
- Mask/face covering of the nose and mouth is required for any one over the age of 2 years and able to tolerate a face covering.
- Masks are available upon request at the Service Desks.
- Please maintain a physical distance of six feet with everyone.
- Please limit your time in the library to 1 hour per day (including computer time).
- Please do not come to the library if you are feeling sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Children will need to stay next to parent or guardian at all times.
- Changed your mind about an item you picked up to look at? Please leave the item in the designated areas around the library. The items will be quarantined and reshelved.
While the South Milwaukee Library is doing everything possible to keep the library building clean and sanitary, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment and is therefore not liable for any illnesses that may be contracted from the Library environment.
DUE DATES & LIBRARY CARD INFORMATION
WHEN ARE MY LIBRARY MATERIALS DUE?
Check your CountyCat account for due dates. Please note that returned materials will be quarantined for four days before they are checked in. When the materials are checked in, they will be backdated to the date you returned them.
Your library materials may be able to be renewed if not on hold. Materials can be renewed through your CountyCat account, or by phone at (414) 277-0183 for the 24/7 phone number or (414) 768-8195 for South Milwaukee Library’s phone number.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A LIBRARY CARD, OR CONVERT AN E-CARD TO A PHYSICAL CARD?
If you signed up online for an e-card or started the library card registration process online at https://countycat.mcfls.org/selfreg, stop by to convert your e-card into a physical library card. For more information on signing up for a library card, please visit our Policies page.
HOW DO I RENEW MY LIBRARY CARD?
Library cards that were set to expire between September 1st, 2019 and June 30th, 2020 were extended to October 31st, 2020. If your library card expired prior to September 2019 or after June 30th, 2020, please stop in the library to renew your card.
WHAT E-RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE WITH A LIBRARY CARD?
Take advantage of our electronic resources found on our E-Resources page, including OverDrive/Libby, hoopla, RBDigital, Gale Courses, Transparent Languages and more.
For more information and additional updates, please visit:
- South Milwaukee Public Library Website: https://smlibrary.org/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources Page: https://smlibrary.org/news-and-announcements/coronavirus-resources/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SouthMilwaukeePublicLibrary
- City of South Milwaukee Website: https://smwi.org/
- City of South Milwaukee Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/southmilwaukeewi/
- Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS) Website: http://www.mcfls.org/covid-faq.asp
LAST UPDATED: 9/14/2020