All collections are open for browsing! The play area, study rooms, and meeting rooms are unavailable at this time. The Book Nook is open and has been expanded. If you prefer curbside pickup, please call (414) 768-8195 when you arrive. Appointments are no longer required.
Please note that the Children’s Room will be closed for library use on Monday, April 26th and Tuesday, April 27th. Staff will gather requested items on these dates. The Children’s Room will reopen on Wednesday, April 28th. Thanks for understanding!
9 AM to 6 PM – Monday-Thursday
9 AM to 5 PM – Friday
10 AM to 4 PM – Saturday
CLOSED – Sunday
KEEP THE LIBRARY SAFE FOR EVERYONE!
- Mask/face covering of the nose and mouth is required for anyone over the age of 2 years and able to tolerate a face covering.
- Masks are available upon request at the Service Desks.
- Please maintain a physical distance of six feet with everyone.
- Please limit your time in the library to 1 hour per day (including computer time).
- Please do not come to the library if you are feeling sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Children will need to stay next to a parent or guardian at all times.
- Changed your mind about an item you picked up to look at? Please leave the item in the designated areas around the library. The items will be quarantined and re-shelved.
While the South Milwaukee Library is doing everything possible to keep the library building clean and sanitary, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment and is therefore not liable for any illnesses that may be contracted from the Library environment.
DUE DATES & LIBRARY CARD INFORMATION
WHEN ARE MY LIBRARY MATERIALS DUE?
Check your CountyCat account for due dates. Please note that returned materials will be quarantined for 24 hours before they are checked in. When the materials are checked in, they will be backdated to the date you returned them. After a week, if your returned materials have not been checked in, please contact the library.
Your library materials may be able to be renewed if not on hold. Materials can be renewed through your CountyCat account, and by phone at (414) 277-0183 (automated 24/7 renewal) or (414) 768-8195 (South Milwaukee Public Library).
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A LIBRARY CARD, OR CONVERT AN E-CARD TO A PHYSICAL CARD?
If you signed up online for an e-card or started the library card registration process online at CountyCat, stop by to convert your e-card into a physical library card. For more information on signing up for a library card, please visit our Policies page.
HOW DO I RENEW MY LIBRARY CARD?
Stop by the library to renew your library card. For more information on renewing your library card, please visit our Policies page.
WHAT E-RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE WITH A LIBRARY CARD?
Take advantage of the electronic resources found on our E-Resources page, including OverDrive/Libby, hoopla, Gale Courses, Transparent Languages, and more.
For more information and additional updates, please visit:
- South Milwaukee Public Library Website: https://smlibrary.org/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources Page: https://smlibrary.org/resources/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SouthMilwaukeePublicLibrary
- City of South Milwaukee Website: https://smwi.org/
- City of South Milwaukee Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/southmilwaukeewi/
- Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS) Website: https://www.mcfls.org/covid19/
LAST UPDATED: 4/7/2021