The library now has extended hours, no appointments, and walk-in hold pickup. Summer Reading is from Monday, June 15 to Saturday, August 15.
9 A.M. to 5 P.M. – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
9 A.M. to 6 P.M. – Wednesday
10 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. – Saturday
Walk in the front door.
Tell us what you need.
We will take care of your needs!
Exit through the side door.
(If we are at capacity, you can wait outside or come back later.)
Practice social distancing.
Per the Governor’s order, face masks are required in the library starting Saturday, August 1st. Thank you for helping keep South Milwaukee safe! For more information, please check out a Face Covering FAQ from the State of Wisconsin.
Bring your library card for checkout!
If you prefer curbside pickup, call for an appointment at (414) 768-8195.
Browsing is not available at this time.
- Do not come to the library if you are feeling sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Mask usage is required in the library, per the Governor’s order.
- Please maintain social distancing of six feet.
- Leave young children at home if possible. Children will need to stay next to parent or guardian.
- The children’s area is not open.
- No browsing at this time.
You will be asked to leave if these guidelines are not followed.
While the South Milwaukee Library is doing everything possible to keep the library building clean and sanitary, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment and is therefore not liable for any illnesses that may be contracted from the Library environment.
WHEN ARE MY LIBRARY MATERIALS DUE?
Check your CountyCat account for due dates. Return any library materials in the outside book drop to the left of the library doors. Please note that returned materials will be quarantined for four days before they are checked in. When the materials are checked in, they will be backdated to the date you returned them.
Your library materials may be able to be renewed if not on hold. Materials can be renewed through your CountyCat account, or by phone at (414) 277-0183 for the 24/7 phone number or (414) 768-8195 for South Milwaukee Library’s phone number.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A LIBRARY CARD, OR CONVERT AN E-CARD TO A PHYSICAL CARD?
If you signed up online for an e-card or started the library card registration process online at https://countycat.mcfls.org/selfreg, stop by to convert your e-card into a physical library card.
HOW DO I RENEW MY LIBRARY CARD?
Library cards set to expire between September 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020 were extended to October 31, 2020. If your library card expired prior to September 2019 or will expire after June 30, 2020, please stop in the library to renew your card.
WHAT E-RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE WITH A LIBRARY CARD?
Take advantage of our electronic resources found our E-Resources page, including OverDrive/Libby, hoopla, RBDigital, Gale Courses, Transparent Languages and more.
For more information and additional updates, please visit:
- South Milwaukee Public Library Website: https://smlibrary.org/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources Page: https://smlibrary.org/news-and-announcements/coronavirus-resources/
- South Milwaukee Public Library Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SouthMilwaukeePublicLibrary
- City of South Milwaukee Website: https://smwi.org/
- City of South Milwaukee Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/southmilwaukeewi/
- Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS) Website: http://www.mcfls.org/covid-faq.asp
LAST UPDATED: 7/31/2020