CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCES
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Milwaukee County: Information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the number of cases in Milwaukee County, and a community resources guide on available services and resources.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the number of cases in Wisconsin, symptoms of the illness, ways to deal with stress, and more.
- 211 Wisconsin: A list of resources on medical concerns, financial assistance, and more.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Information on coronavirus (COVID-19), including the number of cases in the United States, symptoms of the illness, and more.
EMPLOYMENT & FINANCES
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development: General information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), with links to information on unemployment as well as employment and training. To apply for unemployment benefits, click here. Individuals not otherwise eligible for regular UI can apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, and individuals who have exhausted regular UI can apply for Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation.
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue: Includes COVID-19 information and announcements relating to changes to tax return and payment filing dates and more. Their offices are currently closed, but appointments can be scheduled by calling (608) 266-2772.
- Internal Revenue Service: Information on federal tax return and payment filing dates, as well as Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: A financial guide for individuals.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension: A list of financial resources for individuals and businesses.
- LearningExpress: A database that includes tutorials for adult core skills and career preparation and is available with a library card.
- Milwaukee County Administrative Services: A list of resources and helpful organizations for affected businesses in Milwaukee County.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation: Guidelines for reopening, as well as resources on relief and recovery.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: A guide for businesses and employers on planning and responding to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Information for workers and employers on planning and responding to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Includes information on small business guidance and loan resources.
- Internet: Includes a map of free, public WiFi locations across the State of Wisconsin and a list of offers from internet service providers.
- Mobile Wireless Access (Hotspots): The School District of South Milwaukee also purchased T-Mobile hotspots for families to check out, and they can be emailed at email@example.com.
- Support South Milwaukee: A guide to supporting local businesses in South Milwaukee, including information on restaurants providing carryout and delivery.
- City of South Milwaukee: Includes recent updates from the Health Department and other community resources.
- School District of South Milwaukee: Information on the district’s reopening plans and resources for students and families.
- E-Resources: A list of e-resources available with a library card. Sign up for an e-card to access digital resources for learning and entertainment. Borrow e-books, e-audiobooks, movies, and more!
- Kid-Friendly Databases: A list of databases to supplement learning and provide entertainment for children.