WHAT E-RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE WITH A LIBRARY CARD?
- Ancestry Online: Research genealogy online. Remote access available through December 31st, 2020.
- Badgerlink: Browse and search for databases like LearningExpress Library for college and career preparation materials, Novelist for book recommendations, and more!
- EBSCOhost: Read full-text articles and e-books, available through Badgerlink.
- Gale Courses: Sign up for online, instructor-led courses in business, technology, and more.
- HeritageQuest Online: Research genealogy online, available through Badgerlink.
- Hoopla: Borrow up to four e-books, e-audiobooks, graphic novels, music, movies, and television shows per month.
- Libby: An app by OverDrive for your mobile device that provides access to e-books, e-audiobooks, and videos.
- OverDrive: Browse and borrow e-books, e-audiobooks, and videos.
- RBDigital: Sign up and download copies of over 3,000 magazines and periodicals onto your device.
- Transparent Language Online: Sign up and learn a language online.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR A LIBRARY CARD OR AN E-RESOURCE?
If you signed up online for an e-card or started the library card registration process online at https://countycat.mcfls.org/selfreg, stop by the library to convert your e-card into a library card to check out physical items.
The links to the e-resources above provide instructions on signing up. Some of the e-resources require a PIN. If you do not have a PIN or do not remember your PIN, set it up online through your CountyCat account or stop by the library.
If you have any questions, please call us at (414) 768-8195 or email us at SMPL.firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT’S AVAILABLE ON HOOPLA AND OVERDRIVE/LIBBY?
Check out our Pinterest page for some e-book, e-audiobook, and movie recommendations to get started!
Interested in the recent past? Check out Newspaper Source Plus, an enormous database of newspaper articles, television and radio news transcripts, news videos, and podcasts. All keyword searchable, this is an excellent resource for school projects or homework. Beyond that, you can find hundreds of recipes, photographs, book and movies reviews, and editorials. Check out the image below to get a taste of a media search for “Green Bay Packers,” including historical photos, news footage, and audio.
Want to page through Wisconsin’s past? As a Milwaukee County library card holder, you can access a wealth of state newspapers from the late 1800s and early 1900s. Keyword searchable, you can find all kinds of gems from the past, like these local headlines bringing news of significant deaths.
Did you know that Milwaukee County library card holders have FREE access to over 3,000 digital magazines? Sports, culture, tech, lifestyle, cooking, news, politics, gossip…Just create a free account at RBDigital and start downloaded all the newest issues to your computer, device, or tablet. Read on!
Does your car need a tune-up? The Milwaukee County Federated Library System can help you out! Cardholders can access Auto Repair Source, a database of service repair manuals, wiring diagrams, diagnostic codes, part listings, and more. For example…do you need a new cable for the parking brake on your 1988 Oldsmobile Tornado? A few clicks in the Auto Repair Source and you’ll find that you’ll need part #1642671. Did you get an error code BO102 on your 1996 Buick Park Avenue? A quick check on the Auto Repair Source will let you know that is a Front Impact Sensor Failure.